Jira & Confluence
from Zero to Hero
in order to act responsibly in view of the current developments around Covid-19 (Coronavirus), we have decided to offer this course as live online training until further notice. The active participation takes place via video from home or from your workplace. As before, the training consists mainly of interactive content, which your trainer will design live with you.
We see the current situation not only as a challenge, but also as an opportunity: Therefore, we will additionally discuss possibilities and examples of remote collaboration in a team. In this way you as a participant build up additional know-how that is particularly useful at the moment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
This 2-day training is about the effective collaboration of development and project teams with the Atlasian tools Jira and Confluence. These lightweight and flexible tools are used very successfully in software development or non-IT projects and enable team members and external participants to work together in a pleasant and efficient way. At the same time, the transparency of the progress is increased by various visualization possibilities.
The training offers a profound introduction to the basic concepts of the tools. In a good mix of theoretical lessons and practical exercises, participants will learn all aspects of Jira and Confluence. These include the effective handling of tasks, sustainable and goal-oriented teamwork and the continuous presentation of (project) progress using tickets, workflows, boards, dashboards and reports. In addition, knowledge transfer, joint editing of documents and the reduction of the email flood through areas and pages, content macros, templates and permissions are taught.
that’s what this training is all about:
The 2-day training offers an optimal introduction to Jira and Confluence. You will learn exactly how you and your team can use both tools in combination efficiently and successfully. From Zero to Hero!
our all-round carefree package for you:
- 2-day training with experienced Atlassian Certified Professionals
- Training documents
- minimum of 6 to a of maximum 8 participants
- If more than 8 participants are planned in this training, a co-trainer will be assigned
- Meals (lunch, snacks and drinks) are included in the price
targeted at managers or executives who want to understand the principles and applications of the tools in order to use them profitably in their organization
learning and effective use of Jira and Confluence without previous knowledge
use of the tools as part of an (agile) project team in order to work together even more profitably and goal-oriented.
contents of the workshop
- Concept and structure: general overview; explanation of basic principles and terms
- Tickets: Create and edit tasks; components, epics, subtasks; link tasks
- Search functionality: search and filter application; information on advanced search and JIRA Query Language
- Project Management and Agile: Application of sprints, boards and swimlanes; estimation and time tracking; versions and releases
- Reports and dashboards
- Tips and tricks: keyboard shortcuts; best practices
- Project and board administration
- Concept and structure: structural overview; basics and explanation of terms
- Content for areas and pages: Creating, editing and formatting pages; inserting attachments and images and versioning; Word / PDF exports; creating tables and diagrams; using macros and plug-ins; creating and managing page layouts and templates
- Collaboration in Confluence: Learning the collaboration features such as mentioning, sharing, licking, observing and commenting; link creation; user profile handling
- Assignment of rights and roles and restrictions
- Tips and tricks: examples of use (protocols, team areas, blogs); introduction of keyboard shortcuts
- No specific previous knowledge is required.
- Knowledge of agile methods is helpful.